Sunday 6 October 2013

last month favourites


I'm guessing we all like nice smells and i honestly hate the smell of air freshener. I literaly feel like I'm being poisoned by chemicals. So after trying out Parks candles I thought i'd try their diffusers.
  I went with their Wild fig, Cassis & Orange blossom, which is made with essential oils. what i love about it is the fragrance  has a nice warming sweet smell thats so inviting. And the great thing about diffusers unlike candles is there is nothing to light just pure fragrance all day long! After about a week i turn the reeds upside down to revive the scent but thats all. Best of all no nasty chemicals to inhale.
I purchased on achica for £12.99 as on the parkscandles.com site they sell for £45!


On a recent shopping trip for the first time in my adult life I entered a LUSH store. I had seen a few bloggers rave about their Dream Cream hand and body lotion so i thought I'd check it out for myself. I was offered a sample in store but declined and bought the 240g tub for £11.25. I mainly bought for my 21 month old son as he has eczema, and as its handmade from fresh ingredients, that being oatmilk, rose water, extra virgin olive oil and other great things to help soothe and nourish sensitive skins. I can't say I absolutely love it but love it I do. A little goes a long way and it doesn't leave your skin greasy or shiny at all. My only qualm is the smell, not that it smells bad but if your not a fan of Lavender scents then this is not a product you, will like too much. But it is very moisturising and great for sensitive skins.
Check out more info here : dream cream


I had been looking for a perfect tinted moisturiser ever since Bobbi Brown stopped making hers in the colour dark that matched my skin tone. So I went to my favourite source (YouTube) and found out about this Nars Pure Radient tinted moisturiser that came in 11 different shades and makes your skin glow.
I stopped by the Nars counter in Milton Keynes House of Fraser en route to Ikea and the counter girl was great. she swatched 3 different shades on my jawline and asked me which i thought was best. I went with Martinique which is a med/dark3 shade and she applied to my whole face. I was having a bare faced day so it wasn't  an inconvenience as i had no make up to remove.
I absolutely love this one, you feel absolutely make up free whist looking flawless and it is great for the summer and winter holidays in the sun due to the spf30 and how light it feels on. It is also easy to apply but i recommend using a concealer on top if you have any big blemishes to hide as it gives sheer coverage. As they say your skin almost bare - but better.


I visited the M.A.C store in Reading last month looking for some kind of powder to take away shine and not look cakey like some pressed powders can. So I bought the Mineralize Skin finish Natural as recommended by the counter girl and I have to say I am in love. This is perfect! No matter how much I apply there is no cakey ness and my skin looks luminous and lush!


When I took up my contract at the beginning of last year I got the Htc one x. They explained it had the beats by Dre software  and other things that peaked my interest. But when my phone arrived I was disappointed that it didn't have the beats by Dre headphones too. The phone was in white so i just used the white headphones it came with even though i hated them because they're the sort that balance in your ear. I guess my ears are oddly shaped because those headphones  never stayed in. But when i lost my phone this year and called the insurance company with my bank they were out of stock of my original phone so they offered me an upgrade of the Htc one x+ which has 64 GB. Sweeeet! So I obviously took up the offer as i can now store tons more music, apps and videos. I also decided  to treat myself to new headphones because i couldn't bare the idea of having to keep putting those horrid headphones in my ears a million times while on the treadmill at the gym.
Now I have a comfy pair of Beats by Dre that I adore, most of all for the bass and the fact it comes in a cute case.




After my son smashed my favourite go to blush M.A.C format frost, I went in look for a replacement something to wear day or night. So nothing too bright or shimmery. I chose Ambering Rose and this blush is just AWESOME. It ticked all my boxes it makes me look healthy as it gives a pop of warmth to the skin yet so natural looking. This is a must buy for anyone of any skintone looking for a go to blush.



And lastly, my phone case I bought off Ebay. I was originally looking for a chevron case and had been eying out a few on Etsy. But most of the good stuff on Etsy comes from the states or afar so I chose a Uk seller who offered free postage so I got my case for under £5, bargain I thinks? Lol. They do cases for all phones in variety of designs check them out here














2 comments:

  1. im gonna go in Lush, I myself have never been in there but it smells nice passing by..lol but yeh looks like a good buy the creams. I'll pop in store and have a brouse. As for the Nars real good buy I use the foundation and its not heavy on your skin very light and has a fresh look to it. The candles i'm gonna try cause i'm also sick of air freshner. it only stays for a moment then it's gone then you have to spray again which is very annoying so yeh defoe try out the candles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's for your comments, don't know why it too kme so long to enter a lush store! They give samples which is great. I sampled Rose jam body wash yet to try it though.

      Delete

Hi thanks for viewing, feel free to comment :)

Follow @fashionnessa7